Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
1. Deposits and cancellation: Your initial deposit reserves your event date and order and is non-refundable and non-transferable. For orders over £200 the remainder of your balance must be paid 1 month before your event. The balance on smaller orders can be settled on collection/delivery. If we do not receive the balance as expected the contract can be considered null and void, and deposit will not be refunded. The total cost is non-refundable if your order is cancelled within 1 month of the order due date. If The Little Cake Parlour has to cancel your order due to ill health/death/ then you will be refunded in full and every attempt will be made to find an alternate baker for your cake.
2. Your cake is baked to be at optimum freshness on the date of your event (if no event date has been specified then the date of collection or delivery is assumed to be the event date). Your cake will last for a few days after collection, but can be frozen for up to 3 months. The Little Cake Parlour cannot guarantee the quality or freshness of cakes after the ‘best before’ date.
3. The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavours of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed. Changes may be subject to additional charges.
4. Delivery and setup is made according to any directions given by the client; i.e. to the address (venue) listed, on the date indicated by email.
5. The Little Cake Parlour can take absolutely no responsibility for any damage to your cake after delivery and setup are complete or after you collect from our studio. If you are having your cake delivered to a venue when you are not there we will photograph the cake once it is arranged at your venue as evidence of our completed work. You/your venue (on your behalf) are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Tiered cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 15C-23C. The Little Cake Parlour will not be held accountable for any damage incurred to your cake by event staff/family members/pets.
6. If you would like fresh flowers on your cake, we like to work with our Studio 408 colleague, Cosmos Floral Design, as we can wash your flowers beforehand and ensure optimum freshness and quality. If flowers are provided by an outside source you acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants. We prefer to arrange any flowers used on your cake ourselves as we can ensure no stems are inserted into the cake and we will provide ‘posy picks’ to keep the cake clean and hygienic. We are happy to liaise with your chosen florist to discuss arrangements to decorate your cake.
7. If you or your representative elect to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves The Little Cake Parlour studio.
8. If you or your representative elect to pick up the cake from The Little Cake Parlour, you must agree timings for collection in advance. You will be expected at the arranged collection time and we will be ready to help load your car if required. If you arrive outside the pre-arrange time slot, please be aware that you may not be able to collect your cake as we may be out on other deliveries. Please note cakes must travel on a flat surface, so the boot is ideal. Please ensure you have adequate space for safe transportation.
9. We photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
10. Allergens: Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, egg, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions. Cakes without gluten, wheat, dairy or eggs are available to order, but please be aware they are made in a kitchen which has these ingredients present.
11. Portion numbers: Our portion guidelines are estimates only. Exact numbers will depend on how the caterer cuts the cake. Our cakes are approx 5”/13cm tall and we are fairly generous with our portion guide, but it is your caterer’s choice to cut the cake how they see fit.
12. Colour matching: We make every effort to match swatches of material or other colour examples you provide as closely as possible, however, some colours simply cannot be recreated in fondant/can look different in different lighting/dry darker than expected. Please be aware that due to circumstances outwith our control, it may not be a perfect match.
13. Cake stand hire: You are very welcome to hire a cake stand for presentation. Cake stand hire charges are from £5 – £30 and every stand requires a safety deposit to secure hire. The safety deposit varies depending on stand (£15-£100) and is fully refundable on return of the undamaged stand within 4 working days of the event (unless otherwise agreed in writing with The Little Cake Parlour). The deposit is subject to the stand being checked for damage with the client. In order to minimise the risk of damage we recommend that you do not wash the stand, or take it to pieces (if applicable). Please note if your event is on a Saturday, the studio is usually closed Sunday/Monday, and so your stand must be returned by the following Thursday unless otherwise specified.
14. Complaints: The Little Cake Parlour works incredibly hard to make sure your cake exceeds expectations, both in taste and presentation, but if there are any issues at all, please please let us know immediately – any errors with spellings/dates/colours can usually be rectified easily. If you are dissatisfied with the taste or overall quality of your cake, we must be notified within 24 hours and the cake must be returned to us for inspection. Any refunds will not exceed the price of the purchase.
15. Insurance: We are fully insured for public liability and our vehicle is insured for safe delivery of your cake.
16. Flavours and fillings: We bake to order as well as having many regular favourites, as listed on our website. Please check the details of your chosen flavour and filling before final confirmation. Any questions or preferred alternatives, just let us know! Don’t like seeds in your jam? No problem, we can change this for you. Don’t want any alcohol used due to religious reasons or personal preference – this is okay too! But do let us know! Before icing our cakes, especially tiered cakes, we use a layer of chocolate ganache to seal the cake for freshness and to make a beautiful smooth surface for fondant. This can be substituted on your request or by us without notice for a layer of buttercream. We do not recommend using a buttercream layer for tiered cakes in the summer as the heat can affect the finish.